Tooth loss is never a pleasant thing to go through. But thanks to modern restorative dentistry, you can now restore your smile and enhance your oral health all at the same time with dental implants.
A dental implant is not solely an aesthetic replacement tooth; it actually serves a functional purpose in the patient’s mouth. This tooth replacement technology has been absolutely revolutionary for dentists and dental patients alike.
Our Saint Louis dental implant dentists often use dental implants to replace single teeth, as well as to replace multiple missing teeth. Dental implant roots can also ground, or stabilize, dentures.
The truly innovative part of the dental implant is the implant root. The root allows the entire replacement tooth to look and feel as much like a natural tooth as possible. Implant roots are crafted from titanium, because titanium has the unique and beneficial ability to bond with natural bone.
When you begin dental implant treatment, our dentist will surgically implant a titanium root into your jawbone tissue. The implant root then starts to bond with the bone, so that the dental implant root will stay in place permanently.
The optimized structure of the dental implant provides lasting benefits for the patient, like:
· Increased prosthetic stability and comfort
· Fortified bone tissue, which is less likely to deteriorate than rootless tissue
· Preserved dental alignment—the patient’s teeth are less likely to move in response to tooth loss
· Long-term results—well cared for implants can last for decades before requiring repair
With dental implants you can reclaim the healthy and attractive smile that you need, without sacrificing comfort and convenience. When it’s time for you to choose a tooth replacement treatment, please feel free to contact our Saint Louis dental implant dentist office. We have the information that you need to make sound dental decisions.
As you probably know, the sooner that you can identify, and seek treatment for, sleep apnea, the better it will be for your oral health and overall wellbeing. In an effort to empower you to spot sleep apnea problems right away, our Saint Louis sleep apnea dentist office has put together this list of day-time sleep apnea problems for which to stay alert.
Most of the time, when we talk about sleep apnea symptoms, we think of problems that arise at night. However, there are many disruptive sleep apnea related problems that pop up when we are awake. For example:
Because sleep apnea prevents the patient from completing healthy REM cycles, the patient is very likely to suffer from fatigue and sleepiness during the day. Sleep apnea patients simply aren’t getting the high-quality sleep that they need,
There are two sleep apnea issues that can lead to chronic headaches. First of all, fatigue often causes headaches in the morning and at night. Additionally, sleep apnea is often accompanied by muscle tension—sometimes dental grinding and clenching—which also results in tension headaches.
3. Problems with focus and mood
Many sleep apnea patients experience radical mood shifts, anxiety, and even depression, but they do not realize it is connected to sleep apnea. You may also find it harder to recall information, names, and dates, and to stay alert during the day.
These are just some of the daytime sleep apnea related issues that you might notice if you’re suffering from sleep apnea. The good news is that our Saint Louis sleep apnea dentist office is here to help you treat and prevent future problems like these.
If you have been noticing signs of sleep apnea in your own life, don’t despair. Take control of your health and reach out to our sleep apnea team!
Many patients who come into our Saint Louis cosmetic dentist office want to perfect their smiles: make their teeth look straighter, more refined, and balanced. Orthodontic treatment has traditionally helped patients to achieve these goals. However, not all patients want to deal with the time and inconvenience that come along with traditional braces. That is why our dentists are so happy to offer patients the option of cosmetic Lumineers. Let’s learn more about how Lumineers can perfect smiles.
Lumineers—thin porcelain restorations that our dentist adheres over a patient’s natural teeth—can give your smile a post-orthodontic treatment appearance without the inconveniences that accompany traditional braces.
With Lumineers our dentist is able to:
· Eliminate gaps between poorly spaced teeth
· Make misaligned teeth appear smoother and straighter
· Give the overall smile a wider and more balanced appearance
· Refine teeth that jut out from the smile
The placement process for Lumineers is much faster and more comfortable than orthodontic treatment. Our dental team will attach your custom-crafted Lumineers to your natural teeth in order to give your smile a new look. This process can usually be completed in just three dental appointments.
Plus, the placement process is surprisingly comfortable for the patient. Because Lumineers are very thin, our dental team does not need to shave away healthy tooth structure in order to make the restoration fit (as is necessary for veneers). This conservative cosmetic treatment gives you the smile that you want without unnecessary stress and discomfort.
Our Saint Louis Lumineers dentists can give you more information about Lumineers treatment, and help you determine whether this treatment will work for you. Our dental team can also help you weigh your various treatment options. So give us a call to get started—we look forward to working with you!
- Saint Louis Dentist Gives You Information About Acid Erosion And Dental Problems
- Saint Louis Dentist Discusses The Purpose And Make-Up Of Dental Enamel
- Not All Bad Breath Is The Same—Our Saint Louis Dentists Explain
- Get The Information You Need About Veneers From Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist
- Saint Louis Dentist Helps You Recognize Early Signs Of Dental Problems
- Saint Louis Dentist Improves Patient Dental Alignment For Exceptional Results
- Our Saint Louis Dentist Talks About The Importance Of Trust Between Patients And Dentists
- Learn More From Our STL Dentists About How Sleep Apnea Can Hurt Your Health
- Saint Louis Dentist Shares Simple Things You Can Do To Protect Your Smile
- Saint Louis Dentist Offers Innovative Implant Smiles Treatment For Exceptional Results
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.