The best way to ensure that you achieve your dream smile is to have a clear and open line of communication with your dental team. Our Saint Louis dentists encourage all of our dental patients to come to use with any dental concerns or questions that they may have.
An ideal time to broach dental issue with your dental team is during your semi-annual dental cleaning. Here are some tips from our dental team about how to prepare for this appointment.
1. Use your brushing and flossing time as an opportunity to assess your smile. You should be brushing your teeth at least twice a day, and flossing at night. While you’re caring for your smile, check for any changes to your smile—like bleeding gums, or changes in tooth color/shape. You see your smile more than anyone else, so keep an eye on it!
2. In between your semi-annual dental cleanings, make notes about questions you have for our dental team, or regarding changes that you notice with your smile. Six months is a long time, and writing down your observations will help you remember key points when it comes time to speak to our team. Plus, your notes will be very helpful to our dental team—we can get an idea of what has happened to your smile over time.
3. Take pictures of visible changes! If you have a dental issue that keeps popping up and then going away, you can always snap a picture of it to accompany your notes. This will allow our dental team to see what you’re talking about, even if you aren’t experiencing a symptom flare up around the time of your appointment.
Our Saint Louis dentists are here to work with you, so that you can achieve the smile of your dreams. The more information that you can give us about the state of your smile, and your dental concerns, the better off we’ll both be!
Maintaining optimal dental health requires a combination of diligent at-home dental care as well as high-quality professional treatments. When you come in to see our Saint Louis dentists, you can be sure that you are going to receive excellent professional care. But what can you do to improve your at-home oral hygiene routine?
Here are simple tips straight from our Saint Louis dental team:
1. Don’t skip flossing
Most of the patients we see are already brushing their teeth every morning and night (if you are not already, now is the time to start!). However, a surprisingly large number of dental patients fail to floss every day. One of the best things that you can do for your smile is to start flossing every night before you brush your teeth. This simple action will help you get rid of even more plaque than you would by brushing alone.
2. Don’t sip sugary drinks
We all know that drinks with a lot of sugary and refined carbohydrates can lead to cavities. What you may not know is that the way that you consume these drinks matters as well. If you do indulge in the occasional sugary drink, try not to sip on it throughout the day—it is better to drink it in a fairly short period of time. When you sip throughout the day, you prolong the amount of time that sugar sits on your enamel, and thus you prolong the mount of time that oral bacteria are able to feed on these sugars.
If you want even more tips and tricks on maintaining a healthy smile, our Saint Louis dentists would be happy to give you the answers and support that you need. Please call us or use the Contact Us page on our website in order to get started!
Because every smile is unique, our dental team works to provide plenty of aesthetic options, so that we can match the patient to his or her ideal treatment.
In today’s short article, our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists are going to be explaining how we use various treatments in order to achieve cosmetic results. We hope that this information helps you feel more comfortable taking steps to improve your own smile!
Let’s start by talking about some of the dental treatments that deliver results in just one appointment:
Professional dental whitening: these dentist-administered whitening formulas lighten existing stains, and help to restore a smile’s brightness and luminosity. Many patients see visible results after just one whitening session.
Dental bonding: in just one appointment our dental team can cover problematic enamel, or damaged teeth, with natural looking dental resin. Once the resin has cured (hardened) the dental patient is able to resume his or her normal routine right away.
Dental enamel reshaping: if some of your teeth are misshapen, or have uneven edges, our dental team can smooth away imperfections buffing away irregular dental enamel.
Gum tissue contouring: using dental lasers, our dentist can refine uneven gum tissue borders, and eliminate overgrown oral tissues. This treatment can make your smile look more balanced and proportionate. As the laser goes to work, it actually seals the gum tissue that is alters, which promotes tissue healing. Consequently, there is very little post-treatment recovery time needed before the patient can get back into his or her daily routine.
As you can see, you have a number of excellent, and efficient, cosmetic treatments at your disposal. Our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists are happy to give you additional information. Just give us a call, or use our website to submit a question directly to our dental team.
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Help You Overcome Discoloration And Staining
- Stay Alert For These Symptoms Of Periodontal Disease As Explained By Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Tailor Implant Smiles Treatment To Fit Our Patients’ Needs
- Learn More From Our Saint Louis Dentists About How Bite Problems Affect Oral Health
- Improve Dental Discoloration And Staining With Help From Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Saint Louis Dentist Gives You Information About Acid Erosion And Dental Problems
- Dental Sensitivity Explained By Our STL Dental Team
- Top Cosmetic Treatment Considerations From Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentists
- Saint Louis Dentist Discusses The Purpose And Make-Up Of Dental Enamel
- Not All Bad Breath Is The Same—Our Saint Louis Dentists Explain
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.