Are you experiencing pain or discomfort when you eat, drink, or clean your smile? You don’t have to live with this discomfort forever; there are a number of treatments available to minimize sensitivity, and build up vulnerable areas of your smile. Keep reading to learn more from our Saint Louis dentists.
- Patients with untreated dental pain often find themselves
- Limiting their diets, especially when it comes to consuming hot or cold substances
- Avoiding activities that require protective mouth gear
- Slacking on at-home oral hygiene steps due to discomfort
- Avoiding the preventive and restorative dental care that they need
The goal, therefore, is to address dental sensitivity, and help patients jump back into their normal routines. Here are some solutions that are used to treat dental pain:
- Topical fluoride applications—fluoride has been shown to help dental enamel re-mineralize and becomes stronger
- Sensitivity-safe oral hygiene products—if you are using a conventional toothpaste or mouth rinse, it may be too abrasive for your smile
- Restorative tooth care—materials like composite resin and porcelain can be applied over the patient’s natural enamel to create an extra layer of protection between the inner tooth and bacteria/irritants
- Periodontal disease treatment—advanced gum disease causes your gum tissue to pull away from your teeth, forming periodontal pockets. These gaps between your teeth and gums allow irritants to reach your dental nerves. As we treat gum disease we encourage your oral tissues to heal and become resilient again. Gum tissue grafts can help people who have already lost significant gum tissue due to chronic infection.
Don’t let dental discomfort dictate your daily life. There are effective, accessible, and patient-friendly treatments available! Please don’t hesitate to contact our Saint Louis dentists to learn more, or to schedule a personal consultation with our team.