If you’re interested in tooth replacement options, then you have probably heard about dental implant technology. A specific type of dental implant, the mini dental implant, helps patient achieve specific dental health objectives. In this article our Saint Louis mini dental implant dentists are going to provide you with information about how mini dental implant functions.
Mini dental implants have thinner titanium roots than conventional dental implants. What does this mean for you?
· Mini implant roots are easier (read: less stressful for bone tissue) to place than traditional implant roots
· Mini implant roots, therefore, do not require lengthy post-treatment healing time, while traditional dental implant roots do
· Our dental team can place the implant root and the implant crown in one appointment when placing mini dental implants
Mini dental implants, rather than full-sized implants, are also used in a few specific situations. Here are a few examples of when we often turn to mini dental implants:
· Mini dental implants are used to ground and permanently affix dentures into the patient’s jawbone. Mini implant titanium roots “lock” into the base of the patient’s denture—keeping the prosthetic in place 24/7
· Mini implants can also be great for patients with dental patients with diminished bone density
· Sometimes dentists use mini dental implants to anchor replacement teeth that need to be particularly thin, or that need to sit in a very narrow space along the gum line
Our dental team is here to help you figure out what type of replacement tooth is going to work well for your smile, and your oral health in general. When you are ready to get started, our Saint Louis dental implant dentists are here to explain the ins and outs of dental implant treatment in general, and mini dental implants, specifically. We look forward to speaking with you!
If you are unhappy with the way that your smile currently looks, don’t despair our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists offer the treatments you need to reclaim an attractive smile. Today we’ll be talking about some of the cosmetic changes that we can help you achieve.
Young dental enamel is naturally more luminous and white than older enamel. This is because teeth collect stains over time, and dental enamel thins as at ages—making the dental surface appear darker. The good news is that our dental team can make your smile look years younger using professional dental whitening treatments, dental bonding, and/or LUMINEERS.
Cracks and chips in your teeth can also mar your smile. If you have minor dental damage, our dentists are here to help you correct these issues to improve the aesthetics and the functionality of your smile. We can patch small cracks and chips using dental resin—this process is called dental bonding. WE can also cover damaged enamel with porcelain LUMINEERS. Both of these treatment options deliver sturdy, natural looking results.
Attractively Aligned Smile
If have teeth that are misaligned—crooked, crowded, or unevenly spaced—our dental team is here to help you achieve a more seamless and straight smile. We’ll assess the extent of your dental misalignment, and then perfect your smile using dental bonding or LUMINEERS. Using these two treatments we can deliver dramatic, visible results in just a few dental appointments.
The best way to figure out which treatments might be right for you is to schedule consultation with our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists. There are many factors that go into choosing a cosmetic treatment—we’ll help you weigh the pros and cons of all of your options. Give us a call, we look forward to helping you discover your dream smile!
If you lose a tooth, you want to know that you’ll be able to find a tooth replacement solution that fits your lifestyle, budget, timeline, and dental goals. That’s why our Saint Louis dental implant dental office offers so many replacement tooth options for patients today. From dentures, to bridges, to dental implants, you’ll be able to find a tooth replacement treatment that works for you—and you wont have to live with that hole in your smile forever.
Now dental implants have revolutionized the dental world, because they are the first replacement tooth option that looks and feels like a natural tooth. Dental implants are anchored into the jawbone with small titanium screws, and then capped with natural looking restorations. Over time the titanium bonds to the natural bone, forming a tooth root similar to a patient’s natural tooth root.
Dental implants are a great tooth replacement option for anywhere from one tooth to an entire smile. If, however, you already have dentures or bridgework that you’re pleased with, you can actually use dental implants to enhance your existing replacement teeth.
Dental implants can be strategically placed along the gumline to anchor bridges or dentures. With a few dental implants, you’ll find that your dentures/bridges feel more stable in your mouth, and are more natural to wear. Additionally, dental implants can help take the strain off of your existing natural teeth, as without the dental implants, your natural teeth would still be responsible for holding the dentures or bridges in place.
Dental implants don’t need to replace dentures or bridges, they can actually be used with them to increase functionality and appearance. If you already have dentures that you love, they can most likely be retrofitted to work with dental implants.
Give our Saint Louis dental implant dentists a call to learn more about what dental implants can do for you!
- Saint Louis Dentist Gives You Information About Acid Erosion And Dental Problems
- Saint Louis Dentist Discusses The Purpose And Make-Up Of Dental Enamel
- Not All Bad Breath Is The Same—Our Saint Louis Dentists Explain
- Get The Information You Need About Veneers From Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist
- Saint Louis Dentist Helps You Recognize Early Signs Of Dental Problems
- Saint Louis Dentist Improves Patient Dental Alignment For Exceptional Results
- Our Saint Louis Dentist Talks About The Importance Of Trust Between Patients And Dentists
- Learn More From Our STL Dentists About How Sleep Apnea Can Hurt Your Health
- Saint Louis Dentist Shares Simple Things You Can Do To Protect Your Smile
- Saint Louis Dentist Offers Innovative Implant Smiles Treatment For Exceptional Results
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.