You probably already know that your diet can have a huge effect on the state of your smile. However, you may not have the particulars on how you can make good dietary decisions for your smile. That is why, today, our Saint Louis dentists are going to be talking about how different types of foods and drinks can affect your oral health.
First, let’s talk about the types of substances that can harm your smile. These are the things that you want to minimize or eliminate out of your daily life:
· Sugary and carbohydrate-rich substances serve as food for harmful oral bacteria. When you indulge in these foods and drinks, oral bacteria production increases.
· Acidic foods and drinks, like fruit juices and many whole citrus fruits, lead to acid erosion. It can be helpful to rinse your mouth with water after consuming acidic things.
· All tobacco products are harmful to your smile.
There are also some things that can help you smile:
· Water is your smile’s best friend! Drink plenty of water throughout the day in order to stay hydrated—this allows your body to produce plenty of oral-health-boosting saliva.
· Crunchy, water-rich, vegetables can also help you minimize plaque throughout the day. As you chew on these veggies, you actually scrape plaque from your dental surfaces.
· There are also a number of foods that can combat the production and proliferation of harmful oral bacteria. Garlic and cocoa, have been shown to have oral health boosting effects.
Making good dietary decisions for your smile can make a big difference to the health of your smile in the long-term. Our Saint Louis dentists can provide you with any additional information and guidance that you need to make your own oral health decisions. Give us call to schedule a consultation with our helpful dental team!
If your smile is starting to look a little (or a lot) damaged, our Saint Louis dental team can help you overcome these dental issues, and reclaim a healthy and whole smile. In today’s short article we are talking about the various treatments that we use to help our patients rebuild and repair their smiles. Keep reading to learn more about your restorative dentistry options.
Cracked and Chipped Enamel
Let’s start by talking about how we treat dental cracks and chips—both of these problems are very common among dental patients of many ages. If you start to notice cracks and chips in your teeth, our team can help you by:
· Applying dental resin to cover and fill in these issues (this called dental bonding)
· Covering the enamel with porcelain veneers/LUMINEERS
· Placing a tooth-colored dental crown to repair a broken tooth
You could also notice that your smile looks dark or dull. This may be because your teeth have accumulated environmental stains—from foods, drinks, and tobacco—over time. Your teeth may also change color because your tooth is damaged.
Depending on the root cause of your discoloration our dental team may:
· Use professional whitening treatment to minimize existing dental stains. These topical whitening formulations are comfortable, effective, and fast.
· Cover your enamel with a full cosmetic restoration, like a veneer, or with dental resin through dental bonding. Both of these treatments allow our team to customize the shade of the resin or porcelain that we use.
To fill those holes in your smile, our dental team may recommend dental implants, which are stand-alone replacement teeth. We may also help you rebuild your smile using dentures or bridges. When you come in to speak to our dental team, we’ll help you determine the best way to move forward for your smile.
We have the treatment options that you need in order to regain oral health and stunning smile again! Give our Saint Louis dentists a call to get started.
When you are ready to improve the appearance of your smile, our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists are here to help you every step of the way. We can help you choose the perfect treatment to fit your smile and your life.
There are many ways that we can customize your aesthetic treatments to make sure that your results look attractive and improve the function of your smile. For example:
Dental LUMINEERS can be shaped, colored, and sized to your specifications. This means that your cosmetic restorations will blend seamlessly with your natural teeth. This also means that you can use cosmetic Lumineers or veneers to achieve results like dental whitening.
Speaking of teeth whitening, our dental team can help you choose an appropriate shade of white for your teeth. Then, using professional whitening treatments, we help you achieve the white, bright smile you have been dreaming of.
If you are missing teeth, dental implants are replacement teeth that are personalized to fit the specific patient. Dental implants are made in various sizes, and they can be shaded to match existing teeth. Even the shapes of your dental implants will be appropriately angular or rounded—depending on what suits you aesthetically.
Dental bonding is another cosmetic option that provides a number of options for personalization. The dental bonding process involves our dental team applying dental resin to your natural enamel. Because dental resin is so pliable and versatile, we can shade it to match your enamel, and shape it to refine your smile.
The beauty of modern cosmetic dentistry treatments is that they deliver such exceptionally natural looking and feeling results. If you want to learn more about your aesthetic options, please don’t hesitate to give our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists a call, or use our Contact Us page to get started.
- Saint Louis Dentist Gives You Information About Acid Erosion And Dental Problems
- Saint Louis Dentist Discusses The Purpose And Make-Up Of Dental Enamel
- Not All Bad Breath Is The Same—Our Saint Louis Dentists Explain
- Get The Information You Need About Veneers From Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist
- Saint Louis Dentist Helps You Recognize Early Signs Of Dental Problems
- Saint Louis Dentist Improves Patient Dental Alignment For Exceptional Results
- Our Saint Louis Dentist Talks About The Importance Of Trust Between Patients And Dentists
- Learn More From Our STL Dentists About How Sleep Apnea Can Hurt Your Health
- Saint Louis Dentist Shares Simple Things You Can Do To Protect Your Smile
- Saint Louis Dentist Offers Innovative Implant Smiles Treatment For Exceptional Results
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.