More and more patients are choosing dental implants when they unexpectedly lose teeth. Our Saint Louis dental implant dentists have discovered that there are many advantages of dental implants that ultimately lead people to choose these high-quality replacement teeth. In this article we are going to be reviewing just some of the key benefits of dental implants—we hope this helps you better understand your restorative dentistry options!
1. Dental implant structure
First of all, the dental implant has a very unique structure among replacement teeth. The dental implant replaces not just the top of the tooth, but the dental root as well. Every dental implant has a titanium root to keep the dental implant in place 24/7. The implant root provides additional benefits, such as:
· Supporting healthy jawbone density
· Keeping natural teeth in place (so they do not shift around)
2. Customizable cosmetic results
When your dental implant is complete, it will look like a natural tooth in your smile. In order to make sure that your dental implant crown blends with your existing teeth, our team will:
· Shape the crown so that it appears appropriately rounded or angular (as your natural teeth do)
· Shade the porcelain of the crown so that it looks bright and clean, while matching your real enamel
· Size the implant crown to meet all of your needs. This means that it will:
o Be well-sized so that it is easy to chew and speak with your dental implant
o Be large or small enough to look balanced and proportional in your smile as a whole
Every aspect of the dental implant lends itself to customization and personalization. This is why so many people turn to dental implants after exploring tooth replacement treatment options. Ready to learn more? Our Saint Louis dental implant dentist office will be happy to help you through this process.