If you have a child at home, then you already know how difficult it can be to get kids to do the simplest things—and, unfortunately, this often includes brushing their teeth! Our Saint Louis family dentists are here to encourage you to stick with it when it comes to guiding your child through dental care. We know that the process can be frustrating, but it’s important…
We all know that primary teeth, or “baby” teeth fall out as permanent teeth develop, but that doesn’t mean that these temporary teeth don’t matter. In fact, there are a number of reasons to help your child maintain healthy and strong primary teeth:
- Children are able to chew well, so they can expand their diets
- It’s easier for children to learn to enunciate with primary teeth
- Kids practice caring for their teeth and gums while they have baby teeth
- Kids develop positive self-esteem with healthy smiles
There are some simple things that you can focus on in order to encourage your child to achieve dental health:
- Brush teeth and gums for two minutes every morning and night
- Floss between teeth to remove additional plaque
- Brush the tongue to clear away bacteria and freshen breath
- Rinse their mouths with water throughout the day
- Stay hydrated so that your body can produce saliva
That’s it! It’s that it easy.
Keep in mind that studies have shown that children who have positive experiences in the dentist’s chair have more success maintaining oral health into adulthood. As always sour Saint Louis dentists are happy to provide you with any additional information or guidance that you may need. The best way to get ahold of us is by phone or through our Contact Us page.