When a dental patient loses a tooth, our Saint Louis restorative dentists work quickly and efficiently to replace this tooth for the patient. That is because we know that tooth loss is not just an aesthetic issue—when you are missing teeth, it can also really damage your oral health.
One replacement tooth offered by our Saint Louis dentist is both beautiful and health boosting: the dental implant.
· Every dental implant is crafted to fit the individual patient. From the base to the customized crown, our dental team will make sure the implant fits your smile.
· Every dental implant has a titanium root, which replaces the missing tooth root. The Dental implants are the only replacement tooth option that actually permanently extend into the patient’s jawbone.
· Dental implants, once complete, stay in place permanently. They honestly look and feel like natural teeth.
· Implants are simple to care for—you can brush, floss, and use mouthwash as normal. And if there are any additional oral hygiene steps that you, specifically, should incorporate, our dental team will let you know.
· With dental implants you can jump back into your normal daily routine. You’ll be able to eat and drink all your favorite foods and drinks, because dental implants are built to stand up to the rigors of daily life.
· Dental implants do not put any stress or pressure on adjacent healthy teeth, as is sometimes a problem with dental bridges. Additionally dental implants do not require any dental adhesive in order to stay in place, as is sometimes required to keep dentures in place.
Patients of many ages achieve exceptional results with stand-alone dental implants. No matter what restorative treatment you ultimately choose, please seek treatment for tooth loss in a timely manner. The sooner that you restore your smile, the better it is for your smile’s long-term prognosis.