No matter what type of oral health problem you’re dealing with—from missing teeth to cracked enamel to gum disease—our Saint Louis dentists are here to help you restore and even rebuild your smile. Here are some of the treatments and technologies that we utilize to help our patients overcome oral health issues:
- Root canal therapy: timely root canal treatment can literally save a tooth that would otherwise fall out or need to be pulled. Our dentist will go into the core of the tooth, to the dental pulp and nerves, and clear away this sensitive and vulnerable material. Once we have sterilized the remaining portions of your tooth we place a custom restoration, so that your smile looks natural and functions well.
- Custom crowns: when a tooth becomes infected or damaged, our team uses high-quality restorations to rebuild missing portions of the affected tooth. The crowns we use are shaded to match your smile and shaped to resemble the contours of your natural teeth.
- Dentures: these dental prostheses are designed to replace many consecutive teeth. Traditional dentures sit on top of your gum tissue; the base of a removable denture is molded to fit snugly over your gum and jawbone tissue.
- Dental implants: individual implant replacement teeth are permanently embedded in a patient’s jawbone with titanium roots, which fill the spaces where natural tooth roots used to sit.
- Implant Smiles: our team uses implant roots in combination with dentures to permanently replace a number of teeth at once. A huge advantage of Implant Smiles treatment is that a full upper or lower denture can be secured with only a few mini dental implant roots.
If there is one thing that you take away from this article, let it be the reassuring truth that no smile is “too far gone” or “beyond health.” To learn more, please feel free to reach out to our Saint Louis dentists to schedule a personal consultation.