Kirkwood Dental Implants Dentist Reviews the Sections of Dental Implants
A dental implant is an innovative tooth replacement option that actually mimics the natural feel and structure of teeth. Dental implants are comprised of three parts that together allow a patient to enjoy an attractive and functional smile.
The Root: this part of the dental implant is made of titanium or titanium alloy. The dental implant root is surgically implanted into the jawbone in phase of one of the treatment process. These titanium screws replace the tooth root, providing a strong foundation for the abutment and dental restoration.
Abutment: this portion of the implant connects the implant root to the dental crown. The abutment allows the crown to fit securely on the dental implant root, and it contributes to the exceptional stability and longevity of dental implants.
Crown: this part of the dental implant resembles a natural tooth. It is secured to the abutment in phase two of the dental implants process. The crown is made of porcelain or composite resin, and it will blend seamlessly with your natural teeth.
After considering her options, Tricia chose to replace her teeth with durable dental implants. She is thrilled with the results—she can now eat her favorite foods and smile with confidence again. Our Kirkwood dental implant dentists designed Tricia’s implant to fit her specific smile, for a natural-looking result. If you’d like more information about dental implants, or if you have any questions about tooth replacement options in general, don’t hesitate to give our Kirkwood dental implant dentists a call—(314) 332-1307.
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Help You Refresh Your Smile With Dental Whitening Results
- There Are Many Ways To Achieve A Straighter Smile With Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentists
- Defeat Bad Breath With Help From Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Saint Louis Dentists Explain How Bruxism Can Affect Oral Health And What You Can Do About It
- Could Invisalign Help You Smile Confidently? Our Saint Louis Invisalign Dentists Help You Decide
- Our Saint Louis Sedation Dentists Help Patients Stay Calm And Comfortable Throughout The Treatment Process
- The Truth About Coffee: Our STL Dentists Explains How This Popular Beverage Affects Oral Health
- Mini Dental Implants From Our Saint Louis Dentists Open Up Treatment Possibilities For Patients
- Read Through This Short Q&A With Our Saint Louis Dental Implant Dentists
- Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentists Review Important Factors When Considering Aesthetic Treatment
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.