Kirkwood Dental Implants Dentist Reviews the Sections of Dental Implants
A dental implant is an innovative tooth replacement option that actually mimics the natural feel and structure of teeth. Dental implants are comprised of three parts that together allow a patient to enjoy an attractive and functional smile.
The Root: this part of the dental implant is made of titanium or titanium alloy. The dental implant root is surgically implanted into the jawbone in phase of one of the treatment process. These titanium screws replace the tooth root, providing a strong foundation for the abutment and dental restoration.
Abutment: this portion of the implant connects the implant root to the dental crown. The abutment allows the crown to fit securely on the dental implant root, and it contributes to the exceptional stability and longevity of dental implants.
Crown: this part of the dental implant resembles a natural tooth. It is secured to the abutment in phase two of the dental implants process. The crown is made of porcelain or composite resin, and it will blend seamlessly with your natural teeth.
After considering her options, Tricia chose to replace her teeth with durable dental implants. She is thrilled with the results—she can now eat her favorite foods and smile with confidence again. Our Kirkwood dental implant dentists designed Tricia’s implant to fit her specific smile, for a natural-looking result. If you’d like more information about dental implants, or if you have any questions about tooth replacement options in general, don’t hesitate to give our Kirkwood dental implant dentists a call—(314) 332-1307.
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Help You Overcome Discoloration And Staining
- Stay Alert For These Symptoms Of Periodontal Disease As Explained By Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Tailor Implant Smiles Treatment To Fit Our Patients’ Needs
- Learn More From Our Saint Louis Dentists About How Bite Problems Affect Oral Health
- Improve Dental Discoloration And Staining With Help From Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Saint Louis Dentist Gives You Information About Acid Erosion And Dental Problems
- Dental Sensitivity Explained By Our STL Dental Team
- Top Cosmetic Treatment Considerations From Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentists
- Saint Louis Dentist Discusses The Purpose And Make-Up Of Dental Enamel
- Not All Bad Breath Is The Same—Our Saint Louis Dentists Explain
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.