When you lose a tooth, you want to make sure that the restorative dentistry treatment you use to restore your smile is going to look and feel natural you. In our Saint Louis restorative dentistry office, we make sure that our patients end up with replacement teeth that look and feel great.
Here are two of the treatment options that we commonly utilize in order to deliver exceptional, customized results.
1. Dental implant
These are stand-alone replacement teeth. Every dental implant has a titanium base that grounds the tooth in the patient’s jawbone. This “tooth root” is then capped with a natural looking restoration, or “crown.” Dental implants are permanent replacement teeth. You can receive anywhere from one implant to an entire smile full of them, depending on your needs.
When you choose dental implants our dental team will make sure that:
· The size of your implant works with your natural teeth, and looks attractive
· The color of your implant crown blends with your natural enamel
· The shape of your implant crown mimics your existing dental shapes
Dentures are designed to replace multiple adjacent teeth. This tooth replacement option has many replacement teeth attached together. Traditional dentures are held in place because the base of the denture is designed to fit over your natural gum tissue—the denture can be further stabilized with dental adhesive
When creating your denture we can customize it by:
· Making sure the color blends with your existing teeth
· Ensuring that the size of the denture looks natural and allows for full functionality—ease of chewing and speaking
· Designing the denture base to fit comfortably and securely over your natural gum tissue
· Permanently securing the denture using mini dental implant roots that extend into the gum tissue
The specific tooth replacement option that is going to work for you will depend on a number of different factors. So contact our Saint Louis dentists if you want to schedule a consultation and get started!