Defeat Dental Sensitivity With Proactive And Effective Treatment From Our Saint Louis Dentists
Chronic dental sensitivity can make even simple things, like drinking a hot cup of coffee, or brushing your teeth, feel like they are ordeals. Plus, tooth and gum pain can actually be indicative of larger oral health problems.
Our Saint Louis dentists offer treatment options that are designed to keep you comfortable, while safeguarding the health of your smile. Keep reading to learn more about the treatment process…
The first thing that we will do is to pinpoint why dental sensitivity is occurring in the first place. Here are some of the most commonly experienced root causes of oral pain and sensitivity:
- Existing oral health problems, like cavities and gum disease
- Thinning dental enamel due to bruxism
- Thinning enamel due to frequent acid exposure
- Thinning enamel due to chronic dry mouth (which indicates a lack of re-mineralizing saliva)
- Receding or damaged gum tissue
- Cracked or chipped enamel
Once our team determines the underlying cause of your discomfort, we will be able to tailor your treatment plan to suit your unique needs. This may involve:
- Treating existing bacterial infections
- Incorporating enamel-strengthening treatments into your daily oral hygiene routine
- Undergoing in-office topical fluoride treatments
- Using protective materials, like composite resin or porcelain, to cover enamel
- Addressing periodontal disease, so that your gum tissue is able to heal
- Undergoing gum tissue grafts to build up lost gum tissue
- Improving bite alignment, or wearing a protective mouth piece, to minimize bruxism
Treatment for dental sensitivities helps you feel comfortable and smile confidently. But, just as importantly, it also supports the health and stability of your smile. As always, our Saint Louis dentists are here to answer your questions on tooth and gum pain, as well as treatment options. Reach out to our team by phone or through the Contact Us form on our website!
Legal Notice: Our success is built on long term relationships with our patients through genuine caring and unrivaled excellence in value, comfort, service and the relentless quest of improvement. However, nothing stated herein should be construed as a claim of secret, superior or exclusive techniques, ability or equipment. All are well documented in the literature and training is widely available to any dentist who cares to pursue these goals. Our doctors are General Dentists. Cosmetic, Implant and Sedation Dentistry and Dental Sleep Medicine are non-specialty interest areas not recognized by the ADA that require no specific educational training to advertise these services. Dr. Daniel Bialecki, Dr. Jillian Bruch, and Dr. Timothy Grayem currently provide sedation services in our practice.