People who are suffering from severe tooth loss have more treatment options today than ever before. Our Saint Louis restorative dentists help our patients determine which treatments will work best for them, specifically. To get you started thinking about ways that you can restore your smile, we have put together this short explanation of All-on-Four treatment. We hope that you find this useful!
All-on-Four treatment basically combines denture and dental implant technology. The denture will be visible above your gum line—the denture is customized to look natural and attractive for your smile. This denture is actually held in place by strategically placed dental implant roots that are embedded in your jawbone tissue. Implant-stabilized dentures stay in place permanently.
Many people choose implant-stabilized dentures because…
· They feel more natural and stable than traditional dentures—you don’t have to worry about your denture moving around when you eat, drink, or speak
· They are completely customizable—the size, shape, and color of your replacement teeth will be designed to fit you as an individual
· It usually takes only four or five dental implant roots to hold a full denture in place
· Titanium implant roots actually help you maintain a strong and healthy jawbone
· These replacement teeth are very easy to care for
· All-on-Four treatment is more affordable then getting individual dental implants
When you come in for a consultation with our dental team, we will explain all of the replacement teeth treatments available, and help you weigh the pros and cons of each one. To get started, just call our Saint Louis dental office, or submit an inquiry for our dental team through our website. No matter what treatment you choose, it is very important that you undergo tooth replacement treatment in a timely manner in order to minimize your risk of long-term dental problems.