Every patient needs to choose a tooth replacement option that works for him or her specifically. When considering tooth replacement options, you need to consider your lifestyle, your aesthetic goals, and your dental health goals. One viable tooth replacement option is dentures—and we’re not talking about those old clunky dentures of years past! With the latest denture technology you can achieve a smile that both looks and feels natural!
Our Saint Louis dental office uses Geneva 2000 dentures to provide patients with the highest quality dentures available. Like other dentures, the Geneva 2000s sit on top of the gum tissue—replacing both the look and function of natural teeth.
However, there are a number of particularities of Geneva dentures that put them above and beyond older models.
1. Geneva 2000 dentures are designed to look natural for each individual patient—these are the opposite of “one size fits all” dentures. Geneva dentures are both shaped and shaded to suit specific patients. The color of your replacement teeth will complement your overall appearance. The shape of your replacement teeth will depend on your gender—there are different tooth shapes for male and females, respectively—and your mouth size and shape.
2. These dentures are also designed to be comfortable and facilitate easy eating and speaking. Patients no longer need to worry about ill-fitting or uncomfortable dentures, because the denture is molded to exactly fit the patient’s gum tissue. Additionally, the bite surfaces on Geneva dentures are crafted to chew comfortably and naturally.
If you’re missing teeth, don’t feel too embarrassed to come in and get the help you need! Our Saint Louis dentist will help you find the tooth replacement option that works for your life, and helps you regain your health. Give us a call or check out our website to schedule your own consultation!
There are many different reasons that a patient may lose a tooth, but no matter how a tooth is lost—due to injury or infection—all missing teeth can be harmful to a patient’s oral health. In order to minimize the negative effects of tooth loss, it’s important that you seek treatment from a dentist as soon as possible after losing a tooth. Our Saint Louis dentist office offers treatment options for patients suffering from tooth loss, and we tailor these treatments to fit our patients’ individual needs.
What kind of tooth replacement treatments you use will depend on your health needs, the aesthetic you want to achieve, and your personal preferences. The more information you have about different options, the better you’ll be able to make a decision that works for you. So today I’m going to review a very useful tooth replacement option—mini dental implants.
If you’re living with tooth loss, you probably already know about dental implants—the replacement teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth. These individual replacement teeth are implanted in the jawbone—they help preserve healthy bone density, and they are exceptionally stable.
Mini dental implants are essentially the same thing—they are just smaller than traditional dental implants. The roots of mini dental implants are quite thin, so they can be placed in the jawbone with less invasive surgery.
Mini dental implants are used to:
· Replace small teeth in compact areas of the mouth
· Anchor existing dentures and bridges
· Help patients who have diminished jawbone density that cannot support full size dental implants
Mini dental implants are great for a wide variety of patients. Your dentist will help you determine whether they can help you, too! Don’t hesitate to give our Saint Louis dental implant dentist office a call to schedule your own dental implants consultation.
If you already have dentures that you love, or if you know that you want to replace missing teeth with a denture, then implant-stabilized dentures might be perfect for you. Our Saint Louis dentures dentists use implant roots to make dentures more comfortable, natural looking, and secure.
So let’s learn more about how dental implant roots can be used with dentures for exceptional results.
If you already have dentures, our dental team will take a look at them to see
1. how they fit now
2. whether they can be retrofitted to be compatible with implant roots
3. how many implant roots will likely be necessary to stabilize the denture
If it turns out that you are a good candidate for implant stabilized dentures, our dental team will plot out where along your gum line we will surgically insert the implant roots. Generally, it takes only about four implants to keep a full denture in place.
The dentures that you use with your implant roots will be specially designed on the bottom, so that the denture will fit snugly into place over the implant roots that extend out of your gum tissue. Once the implant is in place, it will be attached permanently in your smile.
An implant-stabilized denture allows the patient to speak naturally, and eat and drink easily. These dentures also look natural; you don’t have to worry about them sliding around or popping out of your mouth when you’re going through your daily life.
If you want to learn more about all of your tooth replacement options, including dentures and dental implants, please feel free to contact our Saint Louis dentures dentists at your convenience. And please know that no matter how many teeth you are currently missing, our dental team can help you reclaim a beautiful and strong smile.
- Get More Information From Our Saint Louis Dentists About When And Why Patients Choose Sedation Treatment
- Our Saint Louis Dentist Reviews How Daily Substances And Habits Can Affect Teeth
- Find the Optimal Cosmetic Treatment for You with Help From Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentists
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Explains How Sleep Apnea Occurs
- Learn More About The Threats of Bruxism From Our Saint Louis
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Help You Overcome Discoloration And Staining
- Stay Alert For These Symptoms Of Periodontal Disease As Explained By Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Tailor Implant Smiles Treatment To Fit Our Patients’ Needs
- Learn More From Our Saint Louis Dentists About How Bite Problems Affect Oral Health
- Improve Dental Discoloration And Staining With Help From Our Saint Louis Dentists
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.