Fear of the dentist keeps way too many pediatric and adult patients from seeking the health-boosting dental treatments that they need. Our Saint Louis dentists are devoted to helping people of all ages receive the comfortable and calm dental treatments that they need. That’s why we are so happy to provide sedation and relaxation dental solutions!
The purpose of sedation treatments is to put the patient at ease during treatment, to prevent him or her from experiencing pain in the dentist’s chair. The exact type of pain-management or sedation treatment that you, specifically, use is going to depend on your preferences as well as the treatments you are undergoing.
Oral conscious sedation is the go-to relaxation treatment for many people. This is because:
1. It is easy implement—all the patient has to do is to swallow a small pill prior to treatment. Once the patient consumes this pill he or she will begin to feel relaxed and calm.
2. The effects wear off gently—once treatment is complete, the effects of the pill will gradually (over the course of a few hours) wear off. For this reason you will need someone to drive you home.
3. Oral conscious sedation has an amnesiac effect—with oral conscious sedation you get the best of both worlds. During treatment you will remain conscious, which means you’ll be able to communicate with our dental team. However, post-treatment you likely won’t remember anything that happened, because of the pill’s amnesiac (or memory blocking) effects!
If you have been avoiding dental treatment, please consider sedation dentistry as a viable solution to treating your dental-related anxiety. The first step is to contact our dental team with any questions that you may have, and to schedule a consultation with our Saint Louis dentists. We’ll walk you through the process step by step.
More and more patients are choosing dental implants when they unexpectedly lose teeth. Our Saint Louis dental implant dentists have discovered that there are many advantages of dental implants that ultimately lead people to choose these high-quality replacement teeth. In this article we are going to be reviewing just some of the key benefits of dental implants—we hope this helps you better understand your restorative dentistry options!
1. Dental implant structure
First of all, the dental implant has a very unique structure among replacement teeth. The dental implant replaces not just the top of the tooth, but the dental root as well. Every dental implant has a titanium root to keep the dental implant in place 24/7. The implant root provides additional benefits, such as:
· Supporting healthy jawbone density
· Keeping natural teeth in place (so they do not shift around)
2. Customizable cosmetic results
When your dental implant is complete, it will look like a natural tooth in your smile. In order to make sure that your dental implant crown blends with your existing teeth, our team will:
· Shape the crown so that it appears appropriately rounded or angular (as your natural teeth do)
· Shade the porcelain of the crown so that it looks bright and clean, while matching your real enamel
· Size the implant crown to meet all of your needs. This means that it will:
o Be well-sized so that it is easy to chew and speak with your dental implant
o Be large or small enough to look balanced and proportional in your smile as a whole
Every aspect of the dental implant lends itself to customization and personalization. This is why so many people turn to dental implants after exploring tooth replacement treatment options. Ready to learn more? Our Saint Louis dental implant dentist office will be happy to help you through this process.
Our Saint Louis cosmetic dentist has helped numerous patients perfect their smiles with state-of-the-art cosmetic dentistry. If you have been wondering whether cosmetic treatment might work for your smile, take a look at this short article. Today we’re talking about why people pursue cosmetic dental treatment in the first place.
Here are some common reasons that people come in to see our cosmetic dentistry team:
Feeling less than proud of their smiles
Some patients find that they are profoundly impacted by the appearance of their smiles. If your teeth are looking dark, dull, or drab, you might find that you try to hide your smile in public situations, or that you never smile in pictures. If this sounds like you, then our dental team wants you to know that you have treatment options. You do not need to keep feeling unhappy about the way that your teeth look.
Recovering from dental damage
Sometimes a traumatic accident can significantly impact a patient’s smile. Car accidents, for example, are common smile wreckers, as are contact sports. When a patient sustains this kind of damage, it is vitally important that he or she seek prompt treatment. Dental treatment will not only restore the smile’s appearance, it will also ensure that the patient’s smile is functioning optimally and healthily.
Preparing for a special day
There are certain life events for which people want to feel great about their smiles. If you are getting ready for a graduation, wedding, reunion, or a big party, cosmetic dentistry can help you realize your best smile for your special day.
If one or more of these categories seems to represent you, our Saint Louis cosmetic dentist office has treatment options to help you meet your dental aesthetic goals. The best way to get started is to call our office and schedule an appointment with our friendly and accessible dental team.
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Help You Overcome Discoloration And Staining
- Stay Alert For These Symptoms Of Periodontal Disease As Explained By Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Tailor Implant Smiles Treatment To Fit Our Patients’ Needs
- Learn More From Our Saint Louis Dentists About How Bite Problems Affect Oral Health
- Improve Dental Discoloration And Staining With Help From Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Saint Louis Dentist Gives You Information About Acid Erosion And Dental Problems
- Dental Sensitivity Explained By Our STL Dental Team
- Top Cosmetic Treatment Considerations From Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentists
- Saint Louis Dentist Discusses The Purpose And Make-Up Of Dental Enamel
- Not All Bad Breath Is The Same—Our Saint Louis Dentists Explain
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.