As more and more patients realize that cosmetic dentistry can transform smiles, our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists are fielding more and more questions about Lumineers. That’s why we have put together this primer on how Lumineers work, and whom they can help.
Dental Lumineers are cosmetic restorations. They are crafted from a type of porcelain called Cerinate porcelain. Cerinate porcelain is specifically designed to be strong and beautiful.
In order to transform your smile, our dentist will:
1. Assess your smile to make sure that your entire mouth is strong enough to support Lumineers. Because Lumineers are attached to your natural teeth, we need to make sure that your dental structure is strong and free of cavities before we undergo cosmetic treatment.
2. Craft your Lumineers to your exact specifications. Once we decide that Lumineers are the right fit for you, we’ll start to think about what shape, size, and color your cosmetic restorations should be. The great news is that Lumineers are totally customizable, so you can achieve the natural looking smile that you want.
3. Fit and place our Lumineers over your natural teeth. The great thing about Lumineers is that they are even thinner than traditional cosmetic veneers. This means that our dentist does not need to file away very much of your enamel in order to successfully place a Lumineer. Our team will place your Lumineer over the relevant tooth, ensure that it fits well and looks great, and then bond it into place.
Once Lumineer treatment is complete, you will be able to jump back into your normal routine right away. With Lumineers you can eat your favorite foods and drink your favorite drinks. To care for your smile, you’ll brush and floss in accordance with your dentist’s recommendations.
Want to learn more about cosmetic Lumineers? Our Saint Louis Lumineer dentists are here to help!
When it comes time to choose a dentist, you want to make sure that you decide on a dentist who shares your dental treatment philosophy. With that in mind, our Saint Louis dentists are going to be sharing some of their thoughts regarding how we approach perfecting smiles. Read on to get more information!
The first thing to know is that our Saint Louis dentists always prioritize preventive dentistry. We know that it is better for your health (and your wallet) if you are able to avoid serious dental problems, rather than having to treat them as they emerge. We encourage our patients to maintain their dentist-recommended schedule of professional dental cleanings, and to follow their dentist’s advice about at-home care.
In our office we are happy to provide a number of cosmetic dentistry treatments to improve the appearance of your teeth. When approaching cosmetic cases, we always focus on making the smile healthy and stable, first and foremost. We provide cosmetic dentistry results that are built to last—we never overlook the strength of the smile in order to achieve a visual result.
Here’s another important thing to know about our dental team: we do everything possible to put our patients at ease. We know that when patients are comfortable in the dentist’s chair, they find it much easier to get the preventive and restorative treatments that they need. That is why we offer sedation treatments to keep people calm and comfortable throughout treatment.
These are just a few of the key guiding principles of our dental practice. We believe that keeping these priorities in mind allows us to provide our dental patients with the absolute best dental care that we can!
If you have any questions about the treatments we offer, or if you would like to speak to a member of our Saint Louis dental team, please feel free to call our office.
If you want to protect your smile for years to come, the best thing that you can do is to optimize your oral hygiene routine. Our Saint Louis dentist office wants to help every one of our patients achieve and maintain their ideal smiles. Here are some specific tips that you can employ in order to safeguard your teeth…
1. Remember that water is your friend!
Drinking enough water is one of the absolute best things that you can do in order to care for your teeth and gums. When you drink water, you empower your body to produce saliva. And saliva is a natural substance that neutralizes bacteria and helps your enamel to re-mineralize.
Additionally, you can help to limit plaque accumulation by rinsing your smile after you eat and drink. The less time that food and drink sit on your enamel, the better chance you have of avoiding cavities and gum disease.
2. Don’t snack continuously throughout the day
After you eat or drink something other than water, the bacteria in your mouth are active—feeding and multiplying—for about 30 minutes. So it is better for your smile if you eat and drink at specific periods throughout the day, rather than constantly snacking.
3. Don’t skip those dental appointments
During your professional dental cleanings our dental team is able to clear away stuck on plaque and tartar, so that you have a fresh smile to maintain until your next appointment. Remember—plaque is invisible—so you need to keep up with these appointments even if you don’t think you have plaque on your teeth.
There are so many healthy habits that will help keep your smile in tip-top shape. Our Saint Louis dentists are here to support you as you optimize your oral health routine and achieve a healthy and beautiful smile.
- Read Through This Short Q&A With Our Saint Louis Dental Implant Dentists
- Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentists Review Important Factors When Considering Aesthetic Treatment
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Explain That Foods And Drinks Can Alter Your Smile
- Are LUMINEERS For You? Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentists Help You Decide
- Get More Information From Our Saint Louis Dentists About When And Why Patients Choose Sedation Treatment
- Our Saint Louis Dentist Reviews How Daily Substances And Habits Can Affect Teeth
- Find the Optimal Cosmetic Treatment for You with Help From Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentists
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Explains How Sleep Apnea Occurs
- Learn More About The Threats of Bruxism From Our Saint Louis
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Help You Overcome Discoloration And Staining
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.