Our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists see many adult patients who want to achieve white, young looking smiles. Our dental team has a number of tips for these patients, and today we are sharing this information with you!
What you can do to keep your smile as bright as possible at home:
· Brush at least twice a day
· Floss at least once a day
· Rinse your mouth after you brush and floss your teeth
· Rinse your mouth with water right after you consume staining substances
· Avoid staining substances as much as possible—some common discoloring substances include coffee, soda, red wine, tea, chocolate, deep/rich sauces, and all tobacco products
· When you do eat something that stains your teeth, try not to sip or snack on it for a long period of time, as this allows the staining particles to sit on your dental enamel for a longer period of time
If you are already battling existing dental discoloration, there are still things that you can do refresh your smile. For example:
· Schedule a professional dental cleaning—you may be surprised at how much brighter your smile can look after a high-quality dental cleaning
· Explore professional teeth whitening treatments—these treatments lift stains from the dental enamel in a short period of time
· Talk to your dentist about LUMINEERS if you are having trouble whitening your smile with dental hygiene measures and professional whitening treatments. Because LUMINEERS cover the patient’s dental enamel, they can completely mask and cover stained teeth.
As always, our Saint Louis cosmetic dentist is here to answer any questions you may have about your dental options—including teeth whitening treatments! Please call our dental office, or submit a question for our dental team through our website, in order to get started right away.