Bad breath can sink almost any social situation, be it a date, a business meeting, or party. For some of us, bad breath is a chronic issue, and surprisingly difficult to treat. That’s why our Saint Louis dentists are here to help! We’ve put together 3 suggestions for you on how to beat bad breath for good.
Schedule Water Breaks
The first thing you can do is to schedule specific times in your day for water breaks. One of the primary causes of chronic bad breath is dry mouth. Bacteria are able to thrive in a mouth that lacks saliva. When you drink water, you flush away any dental debris and bacterial film, and you prompt saliva production—double win!
Pick the Right Breath Freshening Products
Here’s the deal: oral bacteria go into a feeding frenzy whenever you introduce sugars into your mouth. So, if you’re using gums, mints, or rinses that include sugar, you’re may actually be making the underlying cause of your bad breath worse. Look for sugar-free formulations for a bad breath quick fix.
Develop Post-Meal Habits
Oral bacteria are most active and feeding for about 20 to 30 minutes after you eat or drink anything other than water. During this critical period, make it a habit to rinse your mouth vigorously with water. It will also help to eat or drink during specific, time-limited period of the day, rather than snacking or sipping continuously. We really want to limit the amount of time that oral bacteria are active on your teeth and gums.
One of the best things that you can do to conquer bad breath is to seek treatment for underlying dental issues like cavities and gum disease. Once you give your smile a clean slate, you’ll find it is much easier to kiss bad breath goodbye. Our Saint Louis dentists are here to help, so just give us a call to schedule a consultation!
- Saint Louis Dentist Reviews 5 Common Dental Mistakes
- Learn More About Bad Breath And Treatment Options From Our Saint Louis Dentist
- Our Saint Louis Dentist Explains Why Teeth Can Start To Look Dark And Dull
- Don’t Settle For One-Size-Fit-All Crowns; Learn More From Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Have Some Tips To Help You Improve Your Smile This Year
- Our Saint Louis Dentist Gives You 3 Strategies for Combating Bad Breath
- Saint Louis Dentist Reviews Dental Issues You Shouldn’t Ignore
- Living With Cold Sores? Here Is Some Helpful Info From Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Don’t Buy Into These Myths About Oral Health; Our Saint Louis Dentists Explain
- Get The Facts From Our Saint Louis Dentists On Tooth Replacement Treatments
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.