No one knows your smile better than you do. After all, you live with it 24/7, and care for it twice a day.
Our Saint Louis dentists encourage all of our patients to stay alert for any changes with their smiles. The sooner that you are able to reach out to a dentist for an assessment and treatment, the better your long-term dental prognosis.
With that in mind, here are a few issues to look out for. If you notice any of these changes to your smile, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our dental team for an assessment:
Spots on your teeth
Dark spots may indicate areas of infection on the dental enamel. Cavities are most easily, comfortably, and inexpensively treated in their earliest stages; you want to remove the infection before it reaches the dentin or dental pulp.
Hard-to-treat bad breath
If you feel like you just can’t freshen your breath no matter how well you clean your smile, you may have an underlying infection that needs to be treated. The same bacteria that cause cavities and periodontal disease release unpleasant odors as they grow and multiply.
Red or swollen gums
Infected gum tissue often swells, appears inflamed, and bleeds when the patient flosses or eats something abrasive. All of these symptoms are indicators of periodontal disease. Prompt treatment will help you save gum tissue, and minimize your risk of gum-disease related tooth loss.
If it feels like your teeth are fitting together differently, it is time to talk to your dentist. Your teeth may be shifting due to bruxism or periodontal disease. Bite changes can also occur due to enamel damage or erosion.
No matter what the current state of your smile, our Saint Louis dentists are here to help you achieve and maintain optimal oral health. You can always reach our team by using the Contact Us page our website, or by giving our office a call to schedule a personal consultation.
- Our Saint Louis Dentist Gives You 3 Strategies for Combating Bad Breath
- Saint Louis Dentist Reviews Dental Issues You Shouldn’t Ignore
- Living With Cold Sores? Here Is Some Helpful Info From Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Don’t Buy Into These Myths About Oral Health; Our Saint Louis Dentists Explain
- Get The Facts From Our Saint Louis Dentists On Tooth Replacement Treatments
- Get The Facts On Popular Foods That Can Damage Your Smile From Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Learn More From Our Saint Louis Dentists About Drinks That Can Damage Your Smile
- 3 Things That Are Aging Your Smile; Our Saint Louis Dentists Can Help!
- Our Saint Louis Dental Team Reviews What Happens During A Cleaning
- Care For Your Smile During Illness With Support From Our Saint Louis Dental Team
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.