Many of us want to improve the appearances of our smiles, but we’re just not sure where to start. How do we got about refreshing and rejuvenating dental aesthetics?
Our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists help our patients to identify cosmetic goals, so that they can move forward with treatments that meet their needs. With that in mind, keep reading to learn about the top 3 aesthetic issues that are aging your smile.
- Untreated Damage
Many of us, despite our best efforts, develop small dental imperfections over time: things like cracks and chips in our enamel. These minor structural issues can make your smile look older, and poorly maintained. The good news is that simple, and fast, treatments like dental bonding can be used to repair enamel conveniently.
- Worn Down Enamel
Teeth are strong, and designed to stand up to wear and tear, but they certainly aren’t indestructible. Our chewing and bite patterns, as well as conditions like bruxism, will cause the edges of dental enamel to thin and become blunted over time. The visual effect of this condition is teeth that appear poorly proportioned and unnaturally short. Dental restorations, veneers, and dental bonding can all be used to build the tooth back up and improve the balance of the smile.
- Dental Discoloration
Natural dental enamel can become discolored for a number of reasons. Environmental staining results from staining foods, drinks, and tobacco products. Additionally, worn down teeth will start to look yellow, because the 2nd layer of the tooth—the dentin—is able to show through the tooth’s surface. Severely injured teeth may take on a dull or gray appearance due to nerve damage. Our team treats dental discoloration with professional whitening treatments (which is best for environmental staining), as well as cosmetic options like veneers and dental bonding.
If you’re dealing with any of these aesthetic issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists to learn more about your treatment options!
- 3 Things That Are Aging Your Smile; Our Saint Louis Dentists Can Help!
- Our Saint Louis Dental Team Reviews What Happens During A Cleaning
- Care For Your Smile During Illness With Support From Our Saint Louis Dental Team
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Help You Refresh Your Smile With Dental Whitening Results
- There Are Many Ways To Achieve A Straighter Smile With Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentists
- Defeat Bad Breath With Help From Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Saint Louis Dentists Explain How Bruxism Can Affect Oral Health And What You Can Do About It
- Could Invisalign Help You Smile Confidently? Our Saint Louis Invisalign Dentists Help You Decide
- Our Saint Louis Sedation Dentists Help Patients Stay Calm And Comfortable Throughout The Treatment Process
- The Truth About Coffee: Our STL Dentists Explains How This Popular Beverage Affects Oral Health
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.