As dental implant technology has continued to advance, more and more patients have been able to achieve whole, healthy smile after tooth loss. One development that has been hugely important is the reliability and availability of the mini dental implant. Today, our Saint Louis Implant Smiles dentists are going to be giving you more information about mini dental implants, and how they are utilized in restorative treatment.
As the name suggests, mini dental implants are unique because they are smaller and less obtrusive than conventional implants. It all starts with the root—the titanium base of a mini dental implant is thinner than the standard implant screw. Consequently, it is much easier to implant a mini implant root than a standard titanium post; the surrounding bone tissues does not require as much time to heal post-insertion.
Mini dental implants are frequently used in a few specific situations:
- To replace teeth in particularly small spaces along the gum line. A mini dental implant root takes up minimal space.
- Inserting dental implants in diminished bone tissue. A patient has to have adequate bone density in order to support a full-sized implant; mini implants can be held in place with less surrounding bone.
- Anchoring larger dental prostheses, like full dentures. Using a few strategically-placed mini dental implant roots, our dental team can permanently secure large prostheses in place. This is a great treatment option for patients are dealing with consecutively missing teeth.
Because every smile is unique, our Saint Louis dental implant dentists always customize treatment plans to meet the specific needs of our patients. The best way to get started is to schedule a consultation with our dental team; we’ll be able to take a look at your smile and give you a better idea of what treatments will work for you. Give us a call, or use the Contact Us page on our site to speak to a member of our team!
- Living With Cold Sores? Here Is Some Helpful Info From Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Don’t Buy Into These Myths About Oral Health; Our Saint Louis Dentists Explain
- Get The Facts From Our Saint Louis Dentists On Tooth Replacement Treatments
- Get The Facts On Popular Foods That Can Damage Your Smile From Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Learn More From Our Saint Louis Dentists About Drinks That Can Damage Your Smile
- 3 Things That Are Aging Your Smile; Our Saint Louis Dentists Can Help!
- Our Saint Louis Dental Team Reviews What Happens During A Cleaning
- Care For Your Smile During Illness With Support From Our Saint Louis Dental Team
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Help You Refresh Your Smile With Dental Whitening Results
- There Are Many Ways To Achieve A Straighter Smile With Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentists
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.