Your smile is an integral part of your appearance; you want it to make a positive impression, and represent you well.
If you are unhappy with the current state of your smile, please know that you are not alone! Many people contact our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists looking to achieve smile transformations. We are here to help you evaluate your treatment options, so that you can ultimately decide which aesthetic solution meets all of your needs.
One of the things that you want to consider when exploring your options is your ideal treatment timeline. If you need to achieve results quickly, you may benefit from professional dental whitening, dental bonding, and/or porcelain veneers. When you meet with our dental team, let them know if you are on a deadline for a special event like a wedding or reunion. We’ll work within your timeframe!
It’s also worth noting that different aesthetic solutions require different types and levels of post-treatment maintenance. Professional whitening treatments, for example, will need to be repeated bi-annually or annually in order to maintain bright, white enamel. On the other hand, porcelain veneers are naturally stain resistant, so these restorations will continue to look bright and fresh for years to come.
Another obvious consideration is budget. We offer treatment options to fit a number of different budgets, so that cosmetic treatment is never out of reach. Professional whitening is a very affordable way to refresh natural teeth. In order to achieve a more dramatic smile transformation you may look into dental bonding or porcelain veneer; with dental bonding being the more affordable of these two options.
The key to successful cosmetic treatment is really to weigh all these different treatment factors, and to give them their appropriate weight. The best way to get started is to contact our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists to schedule a personal consultation.
Sleep apnea can be a sneaky, hard-to-identify threat to a patient’s dental and overall health.
Our Saint Louis sleep apnea dentists are here with some information about why sleep apnea develops and how it presents. We hope that this short article helps you identify sleep apnea issues in your own life, so that you can seek prompt treatment for this common problem!
The Underlying Issue
Sleep apnea occurs when a patient’s oral tissues relax during sleep. The relaxed tissues fall into the patient’s airway, and make it difficult for the patient to inhale enough oxygen throughout the night.
As the patient’s blood oxygen levels drop during the night, the patient will briefly wake in order to restart the breathing process. You may or may not remember waking, but, regardless, your sleep is being disrupted. You may suffer from:
- Fatigue and concentration problems
- Dry mouth upon waking
- Loud and disruptive snoring
- Sensations of gasping or choking awake in the night
The traditional treatment for sleep apnea is the CPAP machine; this machine forces air past the obstruction throughout the night. The problem is that this type of machine is quite cumbersome, and, because the patient must wear a face mask, uncomfortable.
Our dental team provides CPAP-alternative oral appliances to help guide the patient’s mouth into a healthier position, so that the airway remains unobstructed. These effective mouth pieces are much more patient-friendly than traditional CPAP machines.
When sleep apnea is left untreated, the symptoms can intensify, and the patient can develop a number of health issues as a result. If you think that you may be dealing with sleep apnea, our Saint Louis sleep apnea dentists strongly encourage you to reach out for an assessment and treatment as soon as possible.
You can always contact our team by calling our office, or by using the Contact Us page on our website. We’re here to help you sleep soundly again!
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Help You Refresh Your Smile With Dental Whitening Results
- There Are Many Ways To Achieve A Straighter Smile With Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentists
- Defeat Bad Breath With Help From Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Saint Louis Dentists Explain How Bruxism Can Affect Oral Health And What You Can Do About It
- Could Invisalign Help You Smile Confidently? Our Saint Louis Invisalign Dentists Help You Decide
- Our Saint Louis Sedation Dentists Help Patients Stay Calm And Comfortable Throughout The Treatment Process
- The Truth About Coffee: Our STL Dentists Explains How This Popular Beverage Affects Oral Health
- Mini Dental Implants From Our Saint Louis Dentists Open Up Treatment Possibilities For Patients
- Read Through This Short Q&A With Our Saint Louis Dental Implant Dentists
- Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentists Review Important Factors When Considering Aesthetic Treatment
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.