One of the most common complaints that our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists hear from new patients is that their teeth have started to look dark, dull, or stained. For many people, these aesthetic changes are simply byproducts of getting older, and accumulating dental wear and tear.
The good news is that you absolutely do not need to settle for an older looking smile forever. While we all know that it’s impossible to actually turn back the hands of time, you can totally take years off of the appearance of your smile. When it comes to whitening and brightening your teeth, you have options!
Perhaps the simplest, and most straightforward, way to lighten dental enamel is to undergo professional whitening treatments. This option uses a topical whitening gel to coat the dental enamel. The gel goes to work minimizing entrenched stains, and helping to restore your smile to its previous level of whiteness. Generally speaking, people love this treatment option because it is non-invasive, quick, effective, and affordable.
You could, alternatively, cover your dental enamel with a restorative substance to achieve a quick transformation:
- Dental bonding covers existing enamel with custom-shaded dental resin. The entire treatment process can be completed in just one appointment!
- A porcelain veneer is an individually-crafted restoration—about as thick as a contact lens—that is permanently attached to the patient’s tooth surface. Once in place, the veneer gives the tooth a whole new appearance.
Depending on the type and level of staining you’re dealing with, as well as your budget and treatment timeline, you may end up using one solution or multiple treatments in combination. Our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists are here to help you navigate the world of aesthetic dentistry, and, ultimately, choose the perfect dental treatments for your life! Give us a call to get started with a personal consultation!
A crooked or poorly aligned smile can pose a number of problems—aesthetic and otherwise—for dental patients. For those of us who are unsatisfied with imperfect smiles, there are a number of effective and accessible treatment options available when we’re ready to achieve smile transformations.
Today, our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists are going to be giving you some more information about treatments you can use to straighten your smile. When you meet with our dental team, we’ll talk about which option may be best for you: taking into account your oral health, ideal timeline, and budget. Let’s get started!
Many people already know that traditional braces, which move teeth with metal brackets and wires, can straighten and perfect smiles. The problem is that many people do not want to deal with the hassle and appearance of metal braces.
That is why Invisalign was created as an alternative to braces; this orthodontic treatment moves teeth using clear plastic aligners. Generally speaking, patients find Invisalign to be more comfortable, convenient, and attractive than conventional braces.
There are also cosmetic treatments available to give your smile a straighter appearance without actually moving your teeth:
- Dental veneers: these individually crafted porcelain restorations are attached to the natural tooth structure in order to transform the appearance of the affected tooth. Because veneers are only about as thick as contact lenses, they are unobtrusive and exceptionally natural looking.
- Dental bonding: this treatment uses custom-shaded composite resin to resurface and repair existing dental enamel. One reason that so many people love dental bonding is that this treatment can be completed, from start to finish, in just one dental appointment.
Depending on your situation, you may benefit from one or multiple of these aesthetic treatment options. Get started by contacting our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists to schedule a personal consultation!
No one wants to be struck by unexpected and unpleasant bad breath, but it happens to all of us at some point. The good news is that there are things that you can do to minimize your risk of developing bad breath, and to refresh your smile when you do notice an odorous problem. Keep reading to learn more from our Saint Louis dentists!
The first thing to understand is that there are different types of bad breath. When you eat a smelly food, like seasoned meat, onions, or garlic, you will probably notice that your breath is temporarily impacted by these foods. This type of bad breath is generally not something to worry about—the smells will dissipate naturally as the foods go through your system.
More worrisome is bad breath that is related to bacteria build-up in the smile. When harmful oral bacteria grow and feed on sugars in the mouth, they produce unpleasant odors as a result. In order to get control of this type of bad breath, you really need to address the accumulation of bacteria in the mouth.
- Follow the instructions of your dental team when it comes to brushing and flossing your smile at home
- Keep up with your dentist-recommended schedule of professional cleanings and treatments
- Drink plenty of water so that your body is able to produce saliva, which is your body’s natural way of neutralizing bacteria and strengthening teeth
- Get into the habit of rinsing your mouth with water after you eat or drink something other than water
- When you do use mints or gum to combat bad breath, make sure that they are sugar-free, as sugary treats can actually strengthen bacteria and intensify the problem
- Incorporate healthy and water-rich snacks into your diet, like carrots and celery, as these foods scrape away plaque and prompt saliva production
Our Saint Louis dentists are happy to give you more information and support, so that you can kiss bad breath goodbye for good. Give us a call to get started!
- Living With Cold Sores? Here Is Some Helpful Info From Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Don’t Buy Into These Myths About Oral Health; Our Saint Louis Dentists Explain
- Get The Facts From Our Saint Louis Dentists On Tooth Replacement Treatments
- Get The Facts On Popular Foods That Can Damage Your Smile From Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Learn More From Our Saint Louis Dentists About Drinks That Can Damage Your Smile
- 3 Things That Are Aging Your Smile; Our Saint Louis Dentists Can Help!
- Our Saint Louis Dental Team Reviews What Happens During A Cleaning
- Care For Your Smile During Illness With Support From Our Saint Louis Dental Team
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Help You Refresh Your Smile With Dental Whitening Results
- There Are Many Ways To Achieve A Straighter Smile With Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentists
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.