Keeping your smile strong and healthy requires a lot more than caring for your teeth. You really have to think about the strength and integrity of all of your foundational oral tissues as well. With that in mind, our Saint Louis dentists are here with some information about how periodontal disease generally manifests. We hope that this information empowers you to seek treatment for gum health problems as soon as they pop up.
Gum tissue naturally comes in a number of different shades, but, generally speaking, gums are some shade of beige or pink. If you start to notice that your gums are looking brighter red or inflamed, this could be a sign that your gums are infected.
Additionally, infected gums are often prone to bleeding when the patient flosses or eats something abrasive or crunchy. As your oral tissues become irritated and swollen, blood vessels become more fragile and prone to damage. The good news is that as your gums begin to heal, they should become more resilient and stop bleeding.
As gum disease progresses you may start to notice that your breath feels and smells different than it normally does. This happens because harmful oral bacteria release odors when they feed and multiply. Persistent, hard-to-treat bad breath can actually indicate that you have accumulated a lot of bacterial plaque and tartar throughout your mouth.
In many cases, it’s imperative that patients combine at-home dental care with professional gum disease treatments in order to get control of periodontal disease. Our Saint Louis dentists use the latest treatments and technologies to help minimize oral bacteria and regenerate healthy gum tissue.
If you think you may be dealing with gum disease, then it’s time to reach out to our dental team for help! You can always give us a call, or use the Contact Us page on our site to submit a specific question for our dentists.
Implant Smiles treatment is designed to allow patients suffering tooth loss to restore their incomplete smiles. We have seen first-hand how truly transformative this type of treatment can be. Keep reading to learn more about how and why our Saint Louis dental implant dentists customize replacement teeth down to the smallest details.
There are a number of tooth replacement options available to you today. You may choose to replace individual teeth with stand-alone dental implants; these replacement teeth are permanently anchored in the patient’s jawbone with a titanium root. You could alternatively decide to go with traditional dentures and bridges. We can even use dental implant roots to anchor dentures and bridges into the patient’s smile.
When you come in for an assessment with our team, we’ll take a look at the health of your smile and the extent of your tooth loss. We’ll also check on your jawbone density; it’s crucial that your jawbone be healthy if you’re going to move forward with dental implant treatment.
Once we decide what type of replacement tooth is right for you, we’ll:
- Ensure that your replacement teeth are shaded to match your existing dental enamel. If you want to lighten your natural teeth, it’s best to do this before we place your replacement teeth.
- Shape your replacement teeth to mimic your existing teeth, whether they be more angular or rounder
- Refine your replacement teeth, so that you’re able to maintain healthy and even bite surfaces. Poorly designed and placed replacement teeth can through an entire smile out of balance.
The best way to get started is to contact our Saint Louis Implant Smiles dentists to schedule a consultation. We know that undergoing dental treatment can be stressful for some patients, but we’re here to guide you through the entire treatment process.
Give us a call to get started—we look forward to speaking with you!
- Get More Information From Our Saint Louis Dentists About When And Why Patients Choose Sedation Treatment
- Our Saint Louis Dentist Reviews How Daily Substances And Habits Can Affect Teeth
- Find the Optimal Cosmetic Treatment for You with Help From Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentists
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Explains How Sleep Apnea Occurs
- Learn More About The Threats of Bruxism From Our Saint Louis
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Help You Overcome Discoloration And Staining
- Stay Alert For These Symptoms Of Periodontal Disease As Explained By Our Saint Louis Dentists
- Our Saint Louis Dentists Tailor Implant Smiles Treatment To Fit Our Patients’ Needs
- Learn More From Our Saint Louis Dentists About How Bite Problems Affect Oral Health
- Improve Dental Discoloration And Staining With Help From Our Saint Louis Dentists
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.