If you want to protect your smile for years to come, the best thing that you can do is to optimize your oral hygiene routine. Our Saint Louis dentist office wants to help every one of our patients achieve and maintain their ideal smiles. Here are some specific tips that you can employ in order to safeguard your teeth…
1. Remember that water is your friend!
Drinking enough water is one of the absolute best things that you can do in order to care for your teeth and gums. When you drink water, you empower your body to produce saliva. And saliva is a natural substance that neutralizes bacteria and helps your enamel to re-mineralize.
Additionally, you can help to limit plaque accumulation by rinsing your smile after you eat and drink. The less time that food and drink sit on your enamel, the better chance you have of avoiding cavities and gum disease.
2. Don’t snack continuously throughout the day
After you eat or drink something other than water, the bacteria in your mouth are active—feeding and multiplying—for about 30 minutes. So it is better for your smile if you eat and drink at specific periods throughout the day, rather than constantly snacking.
3. Don’t skip those dental appointments
During your professional dental cleanings our dental team is able to clear away stuck on plaque and tartar, so that you have a fresh smile to maintain until your next appointment. Remember—plaque is invisible—so you need to keep up with these appointments even if you don’t think you have plaque on your teeth.
There are so many healthy habits that will help keep your smile in tip-top shape. Our Saint Louis dentists are here to support you as you optimize your oral health routine and achieve a healthy and beautiful smile.
Dental discoloration and dullness happens to even the most diligent dental patients. The truth is that the constant wear and tear—including eating and dental grinding—of daily life will probably cause your smile to become stained or discolored at some point.
But fear not! Our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists have many ways to refresh your enamel, or cover it with a natural looking material. You’ll find that there are many aesthetic dentistry options available to you.
Dental enamel is the outermost layer of your tooth. So all of the foods and drinks that you consume come into contact with your enamel. Once your enamel has accumulated stains you might want to:
· Use topical whitening formulas to diminish these stains—whitening gels and other topical treatments lift existing stains in a short period of time. Our dental team can administer these in-office, additionally, there are at-home whitening options that you can self-administer.
· Have our dental team cover your natural enamel with dental resin—this option is called dental bonding. Basically, our dentist will apply dental resin over your teeth. Once the resin bonds to your tooth, it stays in place permanently.
· Resurface your smile with Lumineers—porcelain Lumineers are actually individual cosmetic dental restorations. Each Lumineer is crafted and shaded individually. Once the Lumineer is completed, our dental team attaches the restoration to your natural tooth. This is another cosmetic and restorative option—once the Lumineer is in place, you can eat, drink, speak, and clean your teeth normally.
The exact treatment that is right for you will depend on the current state of your smile, as well as you aesthetic preferences. The best way to get started is to schedule a consultation with our Saint Louis cosmetic dentists. We can help you love your bright and luminous smile again!
Dental anxiety can be an insidious and overwhelming problem for many dental patients. Dental anxiety may keep you out of the dentist’s chair, and thus prevent you from getting the crucial treatments you need. Our Saint Louis dentists truly believe that helping patients overcome fear of dentistry is one of the most important things that we can do. That is why we…
1. Listen to our patients
We take the time to really get to know our dental patients, so that we can understand their fears and concerns. We develop, and maintain, clear lines of communication, so that the people we treat can come to use with their questions and anxieties. You’re always an active participant in your own treatment.
2. Use state-of-the-art treatments
The innovative and modern treatments that we use, like Lumineers and mini dental implants, make dental treatment faster and more comfortable than it was years ago. The types of dental treatment that we provide are not the same options that you remember from childhood.
3. Offer sedation options
Sedation treatment has been completely life changing for many people who suffer from dental fear and anxiety. Oral conscious sedation will help you relax in the dentist’s chair, and avoid experiencing pain and discomfort. And all you have to do in order to start reaping the benefits of oral conscious sedation is to take a small pill about an hour before your appointment. It is truly that easy!
When you talk to our Saint Louis sedation dentists, don’t be shy in discussing any questions or concerns you may have about pursuing dental treatment. We are to here to listen to you and give you the information that you need so that you can start making strong decisions for your smile. Let’s get serious about defeating dental anxiety, together.
- Not All Bad Breath Is The Same—Our Saint Louis Dentists Explain
- Get The Information You Need About Veneers From Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist
- Saint Louis Dentist Helps You Recognize Early Signs Of Dental Problems
- Saint Louis Dentist Improves Patient Dental Alignment For Exceptional Results
- Our Saint Louis Dentist Talks About The Importance Of Trust Between Patients And Dentists
- Learn More From Our STL Dentists About How Sleep Apnea Can Hurt Your Health
- Saint Louis Dentist Shares Simple Things You Can Do To Protect Your Smile
- Saint Louis Dentist Offers Innovative Implant Smiles Treatment For Exceptional Results
- Our Saint Louis Relaxation Dentists Answer Patients’ Questions Regarding Oral Conscious Sedation
- Saint Louis Dentist Discusses Common Underlying Causes Of Enamel Staining And Discoloration
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.