If you are interested in maintaining a healthy smile for years to come, this short article is for you. Our Saint Louis dentists have put together this short list of oral health boosting habits, so that you can start to incorporate them into your daily routine. Sometimes, small changes to your oral health routine can make all the difference.
Let’s go ahead and assume that you are already following your dentist’s instructions about brushing and flossing your smile. What else can you do during the day to keep your smile fresh?
1. Try to drink as much water as possible. First of all, every time that you are drinking water, that means that you are not drinking sugary drinks like sodas and juices! Plus, water boosts your ability to produce saliva; saliva neutralizes bacteria, and it helps to protect your dental enamel.
2. Food stuck between your teeth? Make a good decision about how to remove dental debris and food particles! Try to dislodge these remnants by swishing water around your mouth, or using a piece of floss. Avoid using metal and wooden toothpicks, as these can actually damage gum tissue and leave it more prone to infection.
3. When you do indulge a in a sweet/carbohydrate rich treat, do so in within a limited period of time. Oral bacteria love to feed on these substances, but oral bacteria only remain active and feeding for about 30 minutes after you consume a food or drink. So it’s better to snack in one sitting, rather than expose your smile to sugars and carbohydrates consistently throughout the day
Our Saint Louis dentists would be happy to give you even more information about how to care for your smile. So, give our team a call with your questions, and schedule your personal consultation for personalized tips.
Dental implant technology has transformed the way that patients and dentists look at replacement teeth. Our Saint Louis dental implant dentists have found that implants provide the high quality, long lasting results that people suffering from tooth loss need.
As dental implant technology has become more mainstream, we have been able to offer more options about how dental implants can be used to restore smiles. Keep reading to learn more about how dental implants might be able to improve the appearance and the health of your smile.
Using dental implant technology basically means that our dental team uses a titanium root to ground your replacement tooth/teeth into your jawbone. Dental implants don’t just replace the top, visible portion of the tooth; they also replace the invisible tooth root.
· The first way to use the dental implant is to use it as a stand-alone replacement tooth. In this case a single dental implant—root, abutment, and crown—replaces a single missing tooth. These stand-alone dental implants can be used to replace one tooth, multiple teeth, or an entire smile of missing teeth.
· Another way to use dental implant technology is to use a root to ground a larger dental prosthetic. Our Saint Louis dental implant dentists, for example, can use mini dental implant roots (which are simply thinner than conventional implant roots), to permanently hold a denture in place. It usually only takes four or five mini implant roots to stabilize an entire denture. And once the denture is in place over the implant root, it will stay in place 24/7.
When you come in to meet with our dental team, we are going to help you figure out exactly what type of tooth replacement option is going to work for you. Every patient is unique; you deserve a replacement tooth treatment that is catered to your needs.
When serious dental problems arise, what can you do to repair your smile? Our Saint Louis dentists have the answers! We offer a number of restorative dental treatments that can rejuvenate and repair dental damage.
Let’s learn more about what types of dental treatments are useful in restorative dentistry. As you read through this list, keep your smile in mind—could any of these treatments help you reclaim optimal oral health?
Replace Missing Teeth
If you are currently missing teeth, it is imperative that you find a dental prosthetic that can replace them. Our dental team offers dentures and dental implants to restore your smile. These two treatments can even be used in conjunction with each other for an additional option.
Repair Damaged Teeth
Cracked or chipped dental enamel is unattractive, and it leaves your tooth prone to further infection or damage. In order to repair this dental enamel our dentist may repair the enamel with dental resin—this process is called dental bonding. Severely damaged teeth can be restored with dental crowns. And porcelain Lumineers can resurface uneven enamel so that it appears fresh and unblemished.
Lighten Dull, Discolored, or Gray Teeth
You can lighten your natural enamel with professional teeth whitening treatments to life entrenched stains and restore your white enamel. Alternatively, you can cover dark enamel with porcelain Lumineers or with dental resin to completely transform the outer surface of the tooth.
No matter what your dental concern, our Saint Louis dentist office has the treatments that you need in order to repair your smile. When you are ready to get started with dental treatment, you can call our office to schedule a personal consultation. You can also use our website to learn more about various treatment options, and to submit a question to our helpful team!
- Saint Louis Dentist Gives You Information About Acid Erosion And Dental Problems
- Saint Louis Dentist Discusses The Purpose And Make-Up Of Dental Enamel
- Not All Bad Breath Is The Same—Our Saint Louis Dentists Explain
- Get The Information You Need About Veneers From Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist
- Saint Louis Dentist Helps You Recognize Early Signs Of Dental Problems
- Saint Louis Dentist Improves Patient Dental Alignment For Exceptional Results
- Our Saint Louis Dentist Talks About The Importance Of Trust Between Patients And Dentists
- Learn More From Our STL Dentists About How Sleep Apnea Can Hurt Your Health
- Saint Louis Dentist Shares Simple Things You Can Do To Protect Your Smile
- Saint Louis Dentist Offers Innovative Implant Smiles Treatment For Exceptional Results
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.