Kirkwood Dental Implants Dentist Reviews the Sections of Dental Implants
A dental implant is an innovative tooth replacement option that actually mimics the natural feel and structure of teeth. Dental implants are comprised of three parts that together allow a patient to enjoy an attractive and functional smile.
The Root: this part of the dental implant is made of titanium or titanium alloy. The dental implant root is surgically implanted into the jawbone in phase of one of the treatment process. These titanium screws replace the tooth root, providing a strong foundation for the abutment and dental restoration.
Abutment: this portion of the implant connects the implant root to the dental crown. The abutment allows the crown to fit securely on the dental implant root, and it contributes to the exceptional stability and longevity of dental implants.
Crown: this part of the dental implant resembles a natural tooth. It is secured to the abutment in phase two of the dental implants process. The crown is made of porcelain or composite resin, and it will blend seamlessly with your natural teeth.
After considering her options, Tricia chose to replace her teeth with durable dental implants. She is thrilled with the results—she can now eat her favorite foods and smile with confidence again. Our Kirkwood dental implant dentists designed Tricia’s implant to fit her specific smile, for a natural-looking result. If you’d like more information about dental implants, or if you have any questions about tooth replacement options in general, don’t hesitate to give our Kirkwood dental implant dentists a call—(314) 332-1307.
- Not All Bad Breath Is The Same—Our Saint Louis Dentists Explain
- Get The Information You Need About Veneers From Our Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist
- Saint Louis Dentist Helps You Recognize Early Signs Of Dental Problems
- Saint Louis Dentist Improves Patient Dental Alignment For Exceptional Results
- Our Saint Louis Dentist Talks About The Importance Of Trust Between Patients And Dentists
- Learn More From Our STL Dentists About How Sleep Apnea Can Hurt Your Health
- Saint Louis Dentist Shares Simple Things You Can Do To Protect Your Smile
- Saint Louis Dentist Offers Innovative Implant Smiles Treatment For Exceptional Results
- Our Saint Louis Relaxation Dentists Answer Patients’ Questions Regarding Oral Conscious Sedation
- Saint Louis Dentist Discusses Common Underlying Causes Of Enamel Staining And Discoloration
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.